The City of Circleville is accepting lateral transfer applicants for the position of Police Officer and Communications Officer. Please review the requirements listed below then scroll down for the lateral transfer packet.
Lateral transfer applicants are not required to take the entry-level National Testing Network examination. All lateral transfer applicants shall successfully complete the background investigation prior to being considered for a lateral transfer.
Lateral transfer applicants shall successfully complete the required FTO program, including a comprehensive review and understanding of Circleville Police Department standard operating policies and procedures and City of Circleville policies and procedures in addition to successful completion of a 12-month probationary period. Seniority is determined by date of hire with the City of Circleville. Wages and vacation accrual are determined by the collective bargaining agreement.
1. Each applicant must be 21 years of age.
2. Each applicant must be currently Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) certified as an Ohio Peace Officer as defined in Chapter 109 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
3. Each applicant must be currently working or have worked within the past twelve (12) months, as a full-time OPOTA certified Ohio Peace Officer in a jurisdiction in the State of Ohio as defined in Section 109.71 of the Ohio Revised Code. (Duties not considered for lateral transfer purposes: volunteer reserve or auxiliary police officer, military police officer, district attorney investigator, part-time employment, time spent in the police academy)
1. Each applicant must be 18 years of age.
2. Each applicant must be currently working or have worked within the past twelve (12) months, as a full-time Communications Officer/911 Dispatcher, Deputy/Officer in a jail/prison setting or full-time officer.